Good morning and Happy Friday!
It's been a week since women have been demoted to second class citizens and I don't know if anyone has picked up on this - but I'm not shutting up. Never. Not until EVERYONE has the same rights as the heterosexual, privileged white man.
You see, for years upon years, our country has just formed a habit of "agreeing to disagree." I've even said that other opinions make the world go round. And that's all true, except for when it comes to power. I need to do a sidebar here, a little "reality check" if you will - I don't give a shit how much money you come from, which "religion" you practice, what color your skin is, who you voted for, where you got your education, or the type of parent you are... if you support fascism, in any form, get the fuck away from me immediately. You're not welcome here anymore.
And typically, I try really hard not to be petty, but I know most of the people in favor of discrimination probably don't know the definition of half of the words used in politics, but to go further:
If you are racist, you're an absolute shit person. That's it. Bye.
If you are homophobic, just know: that same God you're claiming to "know" doesn't like when you pass judgment on other people's lifestyles. Maybe your punishment will be the blessing of your own gay child or grandchild one day. I'll pray that over you, because they're some of the most interesting and creative people you will ever know.
If you think that men are superior to women, take a seat and let me tell you what it's really like to be a WOMAN in this world. Let's not forget (and I'm speaking to the males that may have been ballsy enough to click on this): think of all the women in your life and just realize that you wouldn't be shit and you wouldn't have shit if it wasn't for them. I am so incredibly tired of hearing that a woman who stands up for herself is a "feminist" and hearing mothers tell their own daughters what's acceptable to say and not to say. It's disgusting. What type of country do we live in that makes us feel like we have to ask for permission or quiet our soul just to exist and be treated equally? No more.
I know a lot of women AND men that are fired up about the decision from the Supreme Court last Friday. I've personally spoken with so many older women (60+ - old enough to remember a world without Roe) who are dumbfounded that they have seen this happen in their lifetime.
- The same women who FOUGHT and bled and pleaded for privacy and healthcare.
- The same women who were once girls, raped by people in their own circle, and flown across state lines to go through one of the hardest things a woman will ever experience. And when she returned home, she was told to never speak of it because it was "embarrassing" and "shameful." Oh, her rapist? Probably her parent's friends or some politician who paid her off so she would keep quiet.
- The same women who have been fired from their workplace, as one of the most prominent supervisors, because their decision to extend her family would be too much of an inconvenience for the company.
- The same women who fought infertility for years and were finally able to have a child via IVF.
- The same women who knew that they were not capable of caring for a child - for whatever THEIR reason was. (Newsflash: it's NEVER your business.)
- The same women who were never able to have children, so they've been doing the Lord's work and caring for these babies that come through our very broken foster system. But, let's put more in there right?
- The same women who will now live in fear because they have PCOS or endometriosis and won't have access to lifesaving measures regarding their condition.
You know one of ALL of these women. You ARE one of these women. You might not even realize it, because we've all been trained to just "know our place" and never tell our story. Well, I've got a story to tell. Those women up there... I know and love every single one of them. I will never question a decision that they make for themselves or their health because, as a believer in Christ, I am fully aware of the fact that HE is the one waiting for us on judgment day and that He never asked for any of us to do HIS job.
Also, I'll say it... doesn't worrying so much about what other people are doing get a little heavy to carry? I mean, I don't even have children of my own, and I know how demanding my own life is. The only thing I can think of when it comes to people that have any opinion about another's life is that they must be truly miserable. I suggest a hobby. Maybe a book?
You're still here? Just wait... I want to make sure I'm absolutely clear about the guidelines to exit stage left. I can't break down what qualifies a person as racist or homophobic or misogynist, because this would take far too long. It truly isn't black and white. Basically, if you think that your social status, church attendance, position at work, ethnicity, sexuality, or literally anything else makes you better or entitled to have a say in someone else's decisions, you are truly delusional and I hope that anyone that comes through your family tree does whatever they can to break these generational curses. ALL of these things can be unlearned. It's up to us to decide if we're going to be the lion or if we're going to be the sheep.
The sheep are the ones who sit by silently as our own government is taking rights away from people they "love." The lions are the ones that use their voice for good things like standing up for what's right for all and spreading truth and awareness. Please don't be a sheep.
This isn't about politics. This is about humanity. Unfortunately, for a lot of this country, they either lack morals and values entirely, or they've been so blinded by these greedy politicians that they can't come to terms with the fact that we are on a fast track to demise. Our country is more divided than ever and that breaks my heart. But, it won't stop me from standing up for what I believe in so I'm fully prepared to lose "friends." Again, speak up or find the door.
That's all. Happy 4th of DENY!